Prairie Light eBook Series

Monday, March 13, 2006

Introducing a Series on Job Hunting

Greetings on a balmy March day in the midwest!

My next series of entries will revolve around a common theme - a candid look at the challenges of finding work at this point in my life, the rewards of a career, and the ethics of certain work place practices from my own experience. Here's how I hope things will evolve- the next couple of entries will deal with a couple of key dilemmas I am experiencing in my job search. Hopefully some of my readers will be able to relate and even offer their own perspectives. Then I would like to jump to the other side of the balance sheet and take a look at some blessings and things I have to be thankful for in my work life. The final post, if I get to it, will deal with some ethical questions about realities in our present day work environment that have touched me personally, issues such as "at will employment" and equity and fairness, and how I feel about these things.

Scattered throughout, you will find my hopes and dreams and my fears. :) So if you're curious, consider this post your road map, and drive on to part one!

JuneBug

No comments: